We’re going to show you how to understand the numbers that lie at the heart of every organisation. With this programme we’re going to give you a simple guide to the core elements of finance that all organisations use to report and manage their results. If you ever have conversations about finance and feel even slightly out of your depth, then this introduction to the Fundamentals of Finance is for you.
- Balance Sheet.
- P&L and Cash Flow.
What will you learn
- Understand key financial concepts such as EBIT & EBITDA.
- Calculate Return on Capital Employed (ROCE) and Net Present Value (NPV) and understand what they mean and why they’re important.
- Read and understand the core elements of a P&L (Profit & Loss account), balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Understand different calculations of profit margins, and when some margins look better than others.
- Identify the different approaches to depreciation and why we need to be careful with them.
- Demystify the strange concept of amortisation.
- Be able to talk coherently using financial terms, and understand it when people talk to you about them.
- Prove your knowledge and understanding with short, real-world tests at the end of every lecture.