An ambitious vision for the future of your organisation isn’t enough — how do you communicate this vision to get your colleagues on board? The ability to effectively communicate and persuade others is a key leadership skill.
Traditional and common-sense models of communication and persuasion often fail to capture the complex nature of ‘influencing’. Via structured learning activities (video lectures, quizzes, discussion prompts and written assessments) this course will develop your capacity to communicate appropriately in different situational and cultural contexts, making you a highly influential leader.
- The necessary art of persuasion: Understanding what matters to your audience.
- Telling your story: Developing a dramatic narrative.
- Connecting with people: Developing authenticity and building rapport.
- Talk the talk: Creating impressions and guiding influential conversations.
- Painful truth: Dealing with objections and overcoming resistance.
- Winning over hearts and minds: How to pitch a brilliant idea.
What you will learn
Critically evaluate a range of theories to decode the components of persuasive communications.
Apply a range of different strategies to a variety of contexts to build rapport, overcome resistance, and find acceptance.
Develop skills to interpret the motivation of the audience and influence the way they think and feel to support your ideas.