This MicroMasters program in Statistics and Data Science is comprised of four online courses and a virtually proctored exam that will provide you with the foundational knowledge essential to understanding the methods and tools used in data science, and hands-on training in data analysis and machine learning. You will dive into the fundamentals of probability and statistics, as well as learn, implement, and experiment with data analysis techniques and machine learning algorithms.
This program will prepare you to become an informed and effective practitioner of data science who adds value to an organization. The program certificate can be applied, for admitted students, towards a PhD in Social and Engineering Systems (SES) through the MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS) or may accelerate your path towards a Master’s degree at other universities around the world.
- Probability — The Science of Uncertainty and Data.
- Fundamentals of Statistics.
- Machine Learning with Python: from Linear Models to Deep Learning.
- Capstone Exam in Statistics and Data Science.
- Data Analysis in Social Science—Assessing Your Knowledge.
- Data Analysis: Statistical Modeling and Computation in Applications.
What will you learn
- Master the foundations of data science, statistics, and machine learning.
- Analyze big data and make data-driven predictions through probabilistic modeling and statistical inference; identify and deploy appropriate modeling and methodologies in order to extract meaningful information for decision making.
- Develop and build machine learning algorithms to extract meaningful information from seemingly unstructured data; learn popular unsupervised learning methods, including clustering methodologies and supervised methods such as deep neural networks.
- Finishing this MicroMasters program will prepare you for job titles such as: Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Systems Analyst, Data Engineer.