This course is designed to give you a primer in the fundamentals of SQL and working with data so that you can begin analyzing it for data science purposes. You will begin to ask the right questions and come up with good answers to deliver valuable insights for your organization. This course starts with the basics and assumes you do not have any knowledge or skills in SQL. It will build on that foundation and gradually have you write both simple and complex queries to help you select data from tables. You’ll start to work with different types of data like strings and numbers and discuss methods to filter and pare down your results.
Although we do not have any specific prerequisites or software requirements to take this course, a simple text editor is recommended for the final project. So what are you waiting for? This is your first step in landing a job in the best occupation in the US and soon the world!
- Getting Started and Selecting & Retrieving Data with SQL.
- Filtering, Sorting, and Calculating Data with SQL.
- Subqueries and Joins in SQL.
- Modifying and Analyzing Data with SQL.
What you will learn
- Identify a subset of data needed from a column or set of columns and write a SQL query to limit to those results.
- Create an analysis table from multiple queries using the UNION operator.
- Use SQL commands to filter, sort, and summarize data.
- Manipulate strings, dates, & numeric data using functions to integrate data from different sources into fields with the correct format for analysis.