The Social Media Marketing Specialization is designed to achieve two objectives. It gives you the social analytics tools, and training to help you become an influencer on social media. The course also gives you the knowledge and resources to build a complete social media marketing strategy — from consumer insights to final justification metrics. In each course, you will also receive special toolkits with timely information & when you pay for the Capstone, you receive a market planning toolkit.
The specialization includes 6 courses
- What is Social? This course has been designed to give you the tools, insights, knowledge, and skills to immediately impact your organization. In addition, we will help you network with thought leaders in social. After completing this course, you and your organization’s staff will be able to position, engage, and grow relationships with the consumers of highest value to you.
- The Importance of Listening. In this second MOOC in the Social Marketing Specialization — «The Importance of Listening» — you will go deep into the Big Data of social and gain a more complete picture of what can be learned from interactions on social sites. You will be amazed at just how much information can be extracted from a single post, picture, or video.
- Engagement & Nurture Marketing Strategies. In this third course in the Social Marketing Specialization — «The Engagement & Nurture Marketing Strategies» — you will learn two of the most effective social strategies used by organizations today. You’ll see real-world best practice examples and learn what metrics they use to gauge success. You will also learn the importance of infographics and the impact a well-designed landing page can have on your bottom line. All of the social skills you have learned thus far will be put into action with a multimedia filter and focus blog that you will create to demonstrate how social can enable real-time marketing results. After this MOOC, you will have developed a plan to reach your target consumer markets and know when it is best to either use or avoid specific social marketing strategies.
- Content, Advertising & Social IMC. In this fourth course of the Social Marketing Specialization — «Content, Advertising & Social IMC» — you will learn how marketers are successfully navigating today’s media landscape. You will learn why developing engaging content for your audience is an essential component in effective social marketing. A panel of experts will unlock the paid/owned/earned media riddle and replace it with an integrated who/what/where approach that utilizes platform-specific messaging to grow your market share. This course also includes an overview of the integrated marketing communications strategy for social and how it is being deployed around the globe, as well as gamification tips to keep your audiences coming back for more. In addition, you will learn the secrets to advertising on Facebook and other social sites.
- The Business of Social. In this fifth MOOC of the Social Marketing Specialization — «The Business of Social» — you will learn how to transform your organization’s social marketing from an untracked investment to an integral part of your company’s marketing strategy. You will learn the legal considerations involved as well as proven performance metrics and management tactics for success.
- Social Marketing Capstone Project. This final Capstone Project in the Social Marketing Specialization will put the methodologies, tools, and insights you have learned to the test as you create a multifaceted plan to assure effective social marketing is an integral part of your business strategy. Whether your company has a sophisticated Engagement Strategy or you are a new start-up, you will learn to harness the full power of social marketing to grow provable market share and build stronger relationships with your high value markets. For success in today’s digital world, you must have a plan to integrate your social and mobile marketing strategies into your business strategy. In this Capstone you will use the practical skills that you’ve mastered through the Specialization to demonstrate your ability to integrate social and mobile marketing strategies into a company’s business strategy.