In this course we’re focusing on the core of any great RPG, giving your players a fun combat moment in a well crafted level, based upon a solid game design, built using a robust code architecture. You will follow our project, but also make the game entirely your own.
- You should be able to write basic C# (loops, conditionals, components, etc).
- Some familiarity with Unity’s APIs is helpful.
- You should know your way round Unity 5's editor.
For those who want to
- This course is for intermediate Unity users who want to create their own RPG.
- Our Complete Unity Developer course provides the perfect pre-requisite.
- Introduction & Setup.
- Basic Movement.
- High Level Game Desing.
- Dasic Combat.
- Enemy Al.
- First Moment.
- Scene Management.
- Saving Asset Pack.
- Saving System.
- Simple Weapons.
What will you learn
- Create core combat mechanics for melee, ranged and special attacks.
- More advanced C# techniques such as interfaces, delegates, and co-routines.
- Create pathfinding systems and patrol paths for enemies and NPCs.
- Make a detailed level with terrain, enemies, triggers, lighting, particles and props.
- Balance the player and enemy stats (eg. health, damage, movement, attack speed, and more).
- Advanced game design, project management and code architecture strategies.