Drowning in an ever-expanding collection of regression test cases? You need to automate them! If you have been too intimidated to learn test automation due to a lack of Selenium programming skills, you’ll be thrilled to discover how easily.
Robot Framework will allow you to automate your tests. Robot Framework is a pre-built test automation framework. By comparison… Robot Framework is much easier to learn than Selenium Webdriver (with Java, Python, C#, or PHP) because your scripts are written with English words instead of code.
If you’re already an experienced user of Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, or QTP/UFT, you’ll quickly learn how elegant and capable Robot Framework is compared to those tools.
- Installation overview and preconditions.
- Windows 10 installation.
- Mac installation.
- Creating your first script.
- Script running options.
- Make the script more readable.
- Use variables to centralize data.
- Semantic sugar.
- Create a test suite from start to finish.
- Exploring the robot framework libraries.
- Next steps.
What will you learn
- Install & configure the Robot Framework test automation tool plus libraries like Selenium, API, database, and more.
- Understand the basics of many Robot Framework test automation libraries (Selenium Webdriver, API, Database, XML, Files, etc.).
- Run/execute Robot Framework automated tests in many different ways, including from a command window, batch files, Jenkins, and Windows task scheduler.
- Create & run your first Robot Framework test automation script (Selenium Webdriver example).
- Use the page object pattern to create more reusable, easier to interpret test automation scripts.
- Create user defined keywords to express your tests in business domain terms instead of cryptic Selenium Webdriver code.