In this course you will learn how to become financially literate in a modern organization. From a high-level perspective, this course will illuminate what is important and what isn’t so much when analyzing financial statements and ultimately researching companies. You will gain the ability to provide valuable insights that will impress even some of the most seasoned entrepreneurs.
Who is this course for
- Startups who need to know the basics of finance and where to go.
- Anyone looking to invest and wants to become literate in finance.
- Anyone who wants to know how companies tick.
- This course provides practical knowledge for use in a business context, it’s not an accounting course.
- Basic Financial Terms.
- Balance Sheets.
- Gross Margins.
- Income Statements.
- Cash Flow Statements.
- Researching Companies.
- Market Capitalization.
- Capitalization Tables.
What will you learn
- Coherently speak and understand the basics of Finance.
- Read a Balance Sheet.
- Read a Cash Flow Statement.
- Read an Income Statement.
- Research Companies and Report on them.
- Understand what Gross Margin is, why it is important in an organization and how to calculate it.
- Understand what market capitalization is and what it means in different contexts.
- Know what a capitalization table is and how to construct a basic one.