Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently.
Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects.
We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects.
- Welcome to the World of Projects.
- The Ins & Outs of Project Planning.
- It’s a Risky World & Then the Unexpected Happened.
- Ready, Set, Go: Project Execution.
What will you learn
- How to initiate, define and organize a project.
- How to assess, prioritize and manage project risk.
- How to develop a project plan, including scoping, sequencing tasks, and determining a critical path.
- How to execute projects and use the earned value approach for monitoring and controlling progress.