This course is highly practical but won’t neglect the theory, you will start as a beginner with no prior knowledge about hacking, and it will take you through the basics of networking and how clients communicate with each other, how the different types of WiFi encryptions work, then you’ll learn how to use this information to exploit these networks and crack their encryption.
- Basic IT skills.
- No Linux, programming or hacking knowledge required.
- Computer with a minimum of 4GB ram/memory.
- Operating System: Windows / OS X / Linux.
- Wireless adapter like ALFA AWUS036NHA or anything with an Atheros chip (more info provided in the course).
Who is this course for
- People interested in learning how to test the security of WiFi keys/passwords.
- Networks Basics.
- WEP Cracking.
- WPA Cracking — Introduction.
- WPA Cracking — Exploiting WPS.
- WPA Cracking — Wordlist Attacks.
- WPA Cracking -WPA/WPA2 Enterprise.
- Bonus section.
What will you learn
- Learn the main weaknesses of WEP encryption and how it can be cracked.
- Understand a number of techniques to crack WEP,WPA & WPA2.
- Gain access to WPA2 Enterprise networks.
- Hack captive portals (eg: hotel and airport networks).
- Use the GPU for faster cracking.
- Have a good understanding of how networks operate.
- Understand how devices communicate with each other in a netowrk.
- Launch chopchop reply attack to crack WEP encryption.
- Discover wireless networks within range.
- Gather information about wifi networks.
- Discover connected devices to each wifi network within range.
- Disconnect any device from any network within range.
- Launch interactive packet reply attack to crack WEP encryption.
- Launch fragmentation attack to crack WEP encryption.
- Learn WPA/WPA2 weakness and the theory behind cracking it.
- Exploit WPS feature to crack WPA/WPA2 without a wordlist and without the need to any connected clients.
- Capture handshake and launch word list attack.
- Create your own wordlist.
- Launch a wordlist attack using the GPU.
- Launch a word list attack using a rainbow table.
- How to protect wireless networks from cracking attacks.
- Spot weaknesses in wireless networks in order to protect your network.
- Configure wireless networks to protect against the discussed attacks.