This course walks through all the core features and concepts of JIRA with real-world examples and has been catered for general users, managers and admins. Updated as of June 2020, it incorporates and uses some of the latest features released for JIRA Software on Cloud (standard version).
Who is this course for
- Anyone who is looking for an agile project management tool.
- Anyone looking to get introduced to Jira and Confluence and learn about how they work.
- Anyone who is looking to understand all features and concepts of Jira & Confluence and get up to speed with using and administering them for their teams.
- Anyone looking for examples on how Jira can be used for agile teams and/or ideas on how to take advantage of Jira for various scenarios.
Goes into detail with Scrum and Kanban methodologies. By the end of the section, you’ll have a full refresher on these methodologies.
Working within an agile team
Get your first look at navigating the Jira user interface and learn how to create issues, work on issues through the agile boards, search for issues, create custom dashboards to see whats happening in Jira and other functions beneficial to any agile team member.
Leading an agile team
Configuring and managing agile boards, creating and maintaining the backlog as well as starting and ending sprints and creating releases. All these steps stay true to the agile steps described in the prior section.
Goes over all the main administration sections and each part has an example that you can use to follow along with. By the end of this section, you will understand all the customizable aspects of Jira and be able to cater your own instance to fit your own specific needs.
A section that dives into the versatile next-gen projects in Jira and all its capabilities
Real-world examples, scenarios and bonus content
This is where you are shown how to use Jira to track and forecast personal day-to-day tasklist, while using a daily scrum-based process, among other examples.
Jira’s best friend when it comes to managing content.
What will you learn
- Understand what JIRA is, benefits of JIRA and how to use JIRA.
- Understand Scrum — the stakeholders, events and overall flow of work.
- Understand Kanban flow of work.
- Use JIRA as a user working within an agile team — creating, working on and searching for issues, customizing dashboards etc.
- Use JIRA as a manager of an agile team — configuring agile boards, managing the backlog, sprints and releases etc.
- Administer all aspects of JIRA — create users, groups, set permissions, configure issue types, screens, fields, workflows etc.
- Use examples presented in this course to customize and use JIRA based on your own unique needs.
- Get ideas (through examples presented in the course) on how JIRA can be utilized for different scenarios or situations.
- Learn the basics of Confluence.
- Learn how you can use both JIRA and Confluence together to work better and be more productive in general.