Technical analysis is a discipline that uses market data to define the state of financial markets. It provides a framework to forecast the expected trend in the market.
Tools of technical analysis can be applied in any time frame. This makes them useful for day traders, individual investors managing retirement accounts or analysts preparing detailed reports that include opinions on the likelihood of gains in a market.
Because the analysis is based solely on market data, technical analysis can be applied to individual stocks, broad market indexes, futures contracts, cryptocurrencies, foreign exchange or any other market.
The information in these courses can be used to develop a standalone trading methodology. It can also be used as a supplement to fundamental analysis, using fundamentals to determine what to buy or sell while using technicals to determine when to make the trades. In this way, technical analysis helps an analyst add value to their reports.
- NYIF’s Introduction to Trading with Technical Analysis Professional Certificate.
- Trading — Fundamentals of Technical Analysis.
- Quantitative Technical Analysis.
- Job Outlook.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of technical analysis.
- Understand quantitative technical analysis.