The course opens by introducing the conceptual logic behind design patterns: what they are; what they are not; what makes a pattern; major pattern types; and what role they play in the bigger picture of Web development. We then dive straight into a real-world case study, building a mock application with in-built issues that design patterns can solve.
Who is this course for
- My first design patterns.
- Creational design patterns.
- Structural design patterns — Part 1.
- Structural design patterns — Part 2.
- Behavioral design patterns.
What will you learn
- Explore Creational design patterns including the Singleton, Factory, and Prototype.
- Chain objects together and manage events and states using Behavioural design patterns.
- Understand how to modularize and condense code, optimize memory, and negotiate design problems.
- Implement greater abstraction into application design, and control multiple objects sharing APIs with the help of Structural design patterns.