Start the course by getting to know Mario Ferrer, who talks about his career and how he went from being a Copywriter to a UX Writer. See some of his main influences, and then get a brief explanation of what you’re about to learn in the course.
Mario gives a brief UX Writing introduction, along with a description of a UX Writer’s role, seeing how it differs from other roles that also use writing as one of their main tools, and how it integrates within a product team.
- To take this course you need a computer and a free Figma account to create the wireframes of your screens.
- Introduction to UX Writing.
- Basic principles.
- Write for user experience.
- Final project.
What will you learn
- How people interact with words that they see on their screens and why it is important to understand how our brain processes information to write good microcopy that reduces the mental effort of those using your app.
- How to ensure your texts fulfill the basic concepts of UX Writing: clear, concise, useful, and human.
- To solve problems with your microcopy for different types of interactions such as onboardings, error messages, pages without content, notifications, etc.