This course — designed by HKU with the support of SuperCharger and the Centre for Finance, Technology and Education — is designed to enable learners with the necessary tools to understand the complex interaction of finance, technology and regulation.
In this course, through a series of video lectures, case studies, and assessments you will explore the major areas of FinTech including, beginning with What is FinTech before turning to Money, Payment and Emerging Technologies, Digital Finance and Alternative Finance, FinTech Regulation and RegTech, Data and Security, and the Future of Data Driven Finance, as well as, the core technologies driving FinTech including Blockchain, AI and Big Data. These will set the stage for understanding the FinTech landscape and ecosystem and grappling with the potential direction of future change.
- Module 1 What is FinTech?
- Module 2 Payments, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain.
- Module 3 Digital Finance and Alternative Finance.
- Module 4 FinTech Regulation and RegTech.
- Module 5 Data & TechFin.
- Module 6 The Future of Data-Driven Finance.
What you will learn
- The major areas in FinTech, including Money and Payment, Digital Finance and Alternative Finance.
- Major technological trends, including cryptocurrencies, Blockchain, AI and Big Data.
- FinTech Regulation and RegTech.
- The fundamental role of Data and Security in data-driven finance.
- Businessand regulatory implications of technology for the financial industry.
- How regulations and RegTech are applied.
- Ways to analyse and evaluate what is driving technology innovation in Finance.
- How new technology impacts economies, markets, companies,and individuals.