This course presents a gentle introduction into the concepts of data analysis, the role of a Data Analyst, and the tools that are used to perform daily functions. You will gain an understanding of the data ecosystem and the fundamentals of data analysis, such as data gathering or data mining. You will then learn the soft skills that are required to effectively communicate your data to stakeholders, and how mastering these skills can give you the option to become a data driven decision maker.
- What is Data Analytics.
- The Data Ecosystem.
- Gathering and Wrangling Data.
- Mining & Visualizing Data and Communicating Results.
- Career Opportunities and Data Analysis in Action.
What you will learn
- Explain what Data Analytics is and the key steps in the Data Analytics process.
- Describe the different types of data structures, file formats, sources of data, and data repositories.
- Differentiate between different data roles such as Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Analyst, and Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Identify key elements in the Data Analytics process by analyzing a business case study and its data set.