In our hands-on, interactive lessons, you’ll learn concepts such as the different types of joins and how to combine joins with subqueries to answer business questions. You will also learn how to write queries using three or more tables, how to perform recursive joins and pattern matching, and how to control what the data will look like with CASE statements.
As you progress further, you’ll learn how to build and organize complex queries to make them more readable with the WITH clause, and how to use set operations such as UNION, UNION ALL, EXCEPT, and INTERSECT to combine tables. You’ll also learn relational database concepts such as normalizing a table, designing and creating a database, and more.
Because our focus is always on real-world application, you’ll learn how to frame business questions as advanced SQL queries and how to write analysis to communicate the results of your work. When you’ve finished the final guided project, you have a great showcase of your SQL skills to present to potential future employers.
- Joining Data in SQL.
- Intermediate Joins in SQL.
- Building and Organizing Complex Queries.
- Guided Project: Answering Business Questions Using SQL.
- Table Relations and Normalization.
- Querying SQLite from Python.
What will you learn
- How to query data across multiple tables.
- How to identify table relations.
- How to answer business questions using SQL.