This course dives into the role of a hybrid cloud engineer and how to use HCI using Nutanix’s Prism web console to configure the different components of a private cloud cluster. We discuss the importance of security and how to manage virtual machines, including data protection, risk calculation and creating backups. By the end of this course, students will be able to deploy and manage private cloud workloads using best practices and industry standards.
Well-prepared learners will have familiarity with command line on Linux or Windows, virtual machines (VMs) using on-premise hypervisors or the public cloud, basic web servers, and basic database and SQL.
- Introduction to Nutanix Hybrid Cloud.
- Journey to the Modern Hybrid Cloud.
- Introduction to Nutanix HCI.
- Hybrid Cloud Security.
- Managing Virtual Machines in the Hybrid Cloud.
- Data Protection.
What will you learn
- Use the Prism interface to configure the software components of a hybrid cloud cluster.
- Apply security standard and best practices to secure your hybrid cloud.
- Discuss the differences between physical and virtual networking.
- Work with VLANs and the components of AHV networking.
- Work with disc images to create and manage virtual machines.
- Learn about the concept of High VM Availability.
- Learn about the complexities of data protection in a hybrid cloud world.
- Apply data protection best practices, including backups.