In this course you will craft an essential cornerstone of the modern-day job or internship search: the resume. You’ll review resume best practices and explore current trends with guidance from a professional career counselor and recruiter, and you’ll exchange structured feedback with your peers as you work to polish your own resume. When you complete the course, you’ll have an eye-catching resume that lets your professional strengths shine.
This course is designed primarily for young professionals who are writing their first resume or looking to give an old resume a fresh and polished professional look. All job seekers will benefit from the course material and project, however, regardless of their career stage or professional background. All you will need is word processing software that allows you to create a resume on a computer.
- Introduction to the Course & Resumes.
- The Foundation of your Resume: A Self-Inventory.
- Writing Content for your Resume.
- Piecing it all Together: Organization, Structure, Format.
- Know your Industry.
- Best-Practices for your Resume from an Employer.
- Frequently Asked Questions.