This free three week course will help you produce a perfect CV, application and online profile when applying for a job or course.
Experts from The Careers Service here at The University of Sheffield share their top tips to help you write exceptional applications, CVs (or résumés), covering letters and personal statements.
You’ll also hear from employers and admissions tutors to find out what they really look for in a candidate. And once you’ve written that perfect application, prepare for the next stage with our course: How to Succeed at: Interviews.
Who is the course for
This course is designed for anyone applying for jobs or courses. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills. No prior knowledge or expertise are needed.
- Preparing to apply.
- CVs and covering letters.
- Application forms and personal statements.
What will you learn
- Improve your chances of success in getting a job or securing a place on a university course.
- Identify what recruiters are looking for by analysing job adverts and researching employers and institutions, to find out how to adapt your offer to suit their requirements.
- Improve the way you promote yourself effectively through positive writing and a strong personal brand, creating an identity that looks impressive to a recruiter, whether that’s an employer or admissions tutor.
- Apply best practice techniques when applying for jobs, apprenticeships, placements and university courses, from preparing to apply, to writing CVs and completing application forms.
- Develop a better understanding of your strengths and skills to tackle applying for your dream job or course with confidence.