This free three week course provides the tools you need to succeed at interviews and land your dream job or course place.
Being offered an interview is exciting but can be quite daunting. On this course, our experts from The Careers Service here at The University of Sheffield will make sure you are prepared for the big day. If you’re still at the stage of writing your CV and submitting applications for a job or course, join our course How to Succeed at: Writing Applications.
Who is the course for
This course is designed for anyone applying for jobs or courses. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills. No prior knowledge or expertise are needed.
- Preparing for interviews.
- Dealing with interviews.
- Handling different types of interview.
What will you learn
- Improve your chances of success in getting a job or securing a place on a university course.
- Identify what recruiters are looking for by researching an organisation or institution thoroughly, and identifying what skills and attributes recruiters might be looking for.
- Develop a better understanding of your strengths, skills and key selling points to tackle interviews with confidence.
- Apply best practice techniques to enable you to tackle interviews for jobs, apprenticeships, placements and university courses more effectively.
- Identify what questions you may be asked at interview, and how to approach answering different types of interview questions.
- Develop an understanding of different types of interviews, from telephone and video interviews, to non-standard interviews, and how to tackle them.