This course will teach you how to build a very polished and professional looking game, in a short time. You will learn many tricks and techniques that can then be applied to making your own games.
The possibilities are endless once you’ve gained these programming skills and you’ll be experienced enough to start the process of turning your own ideas into actual working games.
- Gamemaker Studio 2 Full or Trial version.
- PC or Mac capable of running Gamemaker Studio 2.
For those who want to
- Beginner/Intermediate who is interested in learning an efficient method of coding platform games using tile collisions.
- Someone who is interested in publishing games on Windows or mobile platforms.
- Someone curious how a video game is made.
- Someone who has dabbled in gamemaking, but would like to extend their skill set.
- Finale State Machines.
- Jump and Block.
- IMPROVING Jump.
- Player IMPROVEMENTS.
- Frog Enemy.
- Player Attack.
- Enemy Attack.
- Drawing the GUI.
- Game improvments.
- Enemy Bug.
What will you learn
- You will develop a robust platform engine that you can use for future games you make.Y
- ou will learn how to do fast tile based collisions, and have the skills to incorporate it into your own games.
- You will learn how to implement a customizable lighting system that any object in the game can use.
- You will learn how to build custom particles that interact with the environment.
- You will learn how to build a Finite State Machine, and use it to efficiently control your player and enemies.
- You will learn how to implement wave based attacks, player traps, cameras, fade transitions, highscore saving, custom tooltips, screenshake and more.