In this course you will learn the fundamentals of back-end web development! You will create your own web application that queries a database for items on restaurant menus and then dynamically generates complete menus in the form of web pages and API endpoints.
You’ll start by learning how to interact with a database from a web application using an Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) layer. From there, you’ll learn how GET and POST requests translate to CRUD operations. You’ll then explore the Flask framework and the various ways in which it can speed up the development of your applications. Finally, you’ll develop your very own web application from the ground up using the iterative development process.
- You should be comfortable with Python, including Object-Oriented Programming.
- You should also have a firm understanding of SQL and working with a relational database, particularly PostgreSQL.
- You should be able to read and write HTML and CSS without any guidance.
- Working with the CRUD.
- Making a web server.
- Developing with frameworks.
- Iterative Development.
What will you learn
- Learn about CRUD; Create, Read, Update, and Delete.
- Use an ORM (Object-Relational Mapping) as an alternative to SQL.
- Build a web server from scratch using Python and some pre-installed libraries.
- Learn how GET and POST requests can retrieve and modify information on a web site. How to add CRUD functionality to our website.
- Use the Flask web framework to develop our own web application.
- Build an entire web application on your own.
- Learn about the iterative development process. Have a working prototype throughout all stages of the development process.