Data Science is one of the hottest professions of the decade, and the demand for data scientists who can analyze data and communicate results to inform data driven decisions has never been greater.
This Specialization from IBM will help anyone interested in pursuing a career in data science by teaching them fundamental skills to get started in this in-demand field.The specialization consists of 5 self-paced online courses that will provide you with the foundational skills required for Data Science, including open source tools and libraries, Python, Statistical Analysis, SQL, and relational databases.
You’ll learn these data science pre-requisites through hands-on practice using real data science tools and real-world data sets.Upon successfully completing these courses, you will have the practical knowledge and experience to delve deeper in Data Science and work on more advanced Data Science projects.
- Just basic computer literacy and willingness to self-learn online. No prior knowledge of computer science or programming languages required.
- Tools for Data Science.
- Python for Data Science, AI & Development.
- Python Project for Data Science.
- Statistics for Data Science with Python.
- Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python.
What will you learn
- Working knowledge of Data Science Tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, R Studio, GitHub, Watson Studio.
- Statistical Analysis techniques including Descriptive Statistics, Data Visualization, Probability Distribution, Hypothesis Testing and Regression.
- Python programming basics including data structures, logic, working with files, invoking APIs, and libraries such as Pandas and Numpy.
- Relational Database fundamentals including SQL query language, Select statements, sorting & filtering, database functions, accessing multiple tables.