In today’s business environment, organizations have identified critical thinking and problem-solving as skills that are integral to an employee’s and their organization’s success.
The most successful professionals can assess the environment, analyze a situation, design a solution, and ultimately win in a competitive scenario.
This course, part of the Leadership Essentials Professional Certificate program, will demystify, discuss, and provide application techniques for critical thinking and problem-solving in a business context. Learners will draw connections to their work experience by analyzing and critiquing case studies. Best practices for problem-solving will be discussed and illustrated including how to weigh alternative solutions, incorporate feedback from stakeholders, and how and when to start over.
What you’ll learn
- How to perform strategic analysis and assessment.
- How to perceive and assess a critical need and design a tailored solution.
- How to identify key stakeholders and ensure their needs are met.
- How to employ adaptive problem-solving.
- How to work through obstacles collaboratively.
- How to analyze failure to improve future performance.