Take your first steps to becoming a 3D character artist — learn everything from modelling to painting to animating the character. The course is the sequel to the highly popular Blender Character Creator course, enjoyed by 10s of thousands of students.
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level.
- A 3-button mouse with scroll wheel recommended.
For those who want to
- You should want to learn Blender 2.8 — specifically for character creation.
- You may want to learn to rig and animate a character you’ve already created.
- You have a character that you want to transfer into a game engine.
- Introduction & Setup.
- Mech Master.
- Modular Vehicles.
- Blocking Out.
- Detailed Sculoting.
- UV Unwrapping.
- Updates and important messages.
- Continuing your GameDev journey.
What will you learn
- Create a character from start to finish using Blender.
- Block out the basic shape of your character using a standard box modelling approach.
- Use the sculpt tools to shape the broad level details of your character.
- Use the sculpt tools to add fine details to your character.
- Texture paint your character to give it colour and details.
- Rig (add bones) to your character so that it can be animated.
- Animate your character.
- Add your character into the Unity game engine if you choose to do so.